UPS Holiday Schedule: UPS i.e. United Parcel Service is a package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions. UPS provides time-definite delivery of a document, packages, and letters throughout the United States and also deliver to more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. People use UPS to send & receive their important mail items and packages. There are other big package delivery companies as well in a competition of UPS such as FedEx, USPS, and more. UPS provides a unique service called UPS Follow My Delivery which let users track their packages in real time on a live map.
UPS is one of the most used package delivery company and people have multiple queries or question-related to UPS such as when UPS doesn’t pick up or deliver packages? or when are UPS Holidays? or What is UPS Holiday Schedule? Does UPS deliver on Holidays? Get answer of all these questions from below:
UPS Holidays 2019
UPS doesn’t take many holidays, there are only a few days when there is no pickup or delivery service from UPS in 2019. Check the out information shared below to know about UPS Holiday Schedule and more.
UPS does NOT pick up or deliver on these days:
- Monday, Jan. 1: New Year’s Day
- Monday, May 28: Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4: Independence Day
- Monday, Sept. 3: Labor Day
- Thursday, Nov. 22: Thanksgiving Day
- Tuesday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day
For Extremely urgent shipments there is a service called UPS Express Critical which never takes a holiday i.e. this Service is available 24/7, 365 days per year. More information shared below in a separate section.
Weekends. UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Next Day Air and UPS 2nd Day Air packages processed and labeled for Saturday Delivery are guaranteed on Saturdays throughout the year. Saturday pickups are also available for air and international packages. UPS Drop Boxes are picked up on weekdays only. No UPS packages are delivered on Sunday.
Holidays around the world. Check out World Holiday Calendar, if you’re shipping outside the U.S.
In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – January 16, 2017
- Valentine’s Day – February 14, 2017
- Presidents’ Day – February 20, 2017
- Chinese New Year – January 28, 2017
- Daylight Saving Time begins – March 12, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day – March 17, 2017Passover – April 10-18, 2017
- Easter – April 16, 2017
- Earth Day – April 22, 2017
- Cinco de Mayo – May 5, 2017
- Mother’s Day – May 14, 2017
- Flag Day – June 14, 2017
- Ramadan begins – May 26, 2017
- Father’s Day – June 18, 2017
- UPS Founders’ Day – August 28, 2017
- Rosh Hashanah – September 20-22, 2017
- Yom Kippur – September 29-30, 2017
- Columbus Day – October 9, 2017
- Halloween – October 31, 2017
- Daylight Saving Time ends – November 5, 2017
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2017
- Hanukkah – December 12-December 20, 2017
- Kwanzaa – December 26, 2017-January 1, 2018
2018 UPS Year End Holiday Schedule
Are you Shipping Outside U.S.?
If you’re sending packages to an international destination or outside the U.S., then check out the World Holiday Calendar. Each country has different history and culture which means different holidays. The observed holidays of each country may vary that’s why it is recommended to use World Holiday Calendar, visit https://www.ups.com/ga/DaysOfOperation?loc=en_US, select a country, and click on Display option. The UPS observed holidays of a chosen country will be displayed on your screen.
Is there any Service which never takes holiday?
Yes, there is a service called UPS Express Critical which pickup & deliver packages throughout the year i.e. 365 days in a year and 366 days in a leap year. This service never takes a holiday. If you want to know more about this service then check out the contact information below:
- Call 1-800-714-8779 or
- Visit upsexpresscritical.com
We’ve tried to cover as much information as possible related to UPS Holidays, hopefully, you get enough information. If yes, then why not share with other people as well on social media platforms. If you have any other query or important information to share related to UPS then use the comment section. We would love to hear you.