UPS (United Parcel Service) which was established in 1907 is now leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Around 4,34,000 employees work for the UPS (United Parcel Service). Employees of UPS feel that working at UPS is nothing less than rewarding. UPS offers various benefits i.e. a complete range of options for the employees to live their lives in balance with work, education, family, friends and nearly every other aspect you can dream up. Check out the UPSers Benefits programs from the below.
UPSers ensure that they meet the expectations of their customers since customer satisfaction is their first priority. That is why they are provided with the best compensation, great healthcare, and much more benefits so that they can fulfill their customer’s expectations. UPS also provides full-time benefits to the part-time employees. UPSers also offers the most inclusive payment packages to the people who work there. UPS is one of those companies which offers many hourly employees with complete benefits i.e. it also provides the benefits such as medical support, training assistance, etc. who work on hourly basis.
Below, we have provided the UPSers Benefits. UPSers Benefits makes the work at UPS (United Parcel Service) rewarding. Check out the complete information related to UPSers Benefits.
UPS Tuition Assistance Program:
In order to help the employees in furthering their educational development, UPS offers the UPS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). TAP is an ongoing effort of UPS to recruit, re-train and develop qualified individuals. TAP ensures that UPS will continue to grow as a company, prosper as a business and excel as a global service.
In the United States, tuition assistance is available to:
- Full-time non-union employees
- Part-time management employees
- Part-time union employees
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) was started in the year 1999. Since the program has begun, UPS has invested $187 million in tuition assistance for approximately 113,000 college students. In 2010, UPS has provided $24 million in tuition support to approximately 14,000 students. UPS invests about $300 million approximately in a year on training programs in order to help the employees expand their careers within the company.
You need to visit the program administrator EDCOR if you want to know more about the program and its eligibility requirements. You can also check the application process for training programs through program administrator EDCOR.
If you are interested in an online undergraduate program, you can learn about the other programs available to UPSers through Thomas Edison State College.
Health and Wellness Programs
UPS offers several benefit plans to fulfill the health and wellness needs of various employee groups. In addition to various Health and Wellness Programs, UPS makes contributions on behalf of employees in union-administered plans.
There are different variations in the plans available at UPS. Below, is an overview of the company’s award-winning plans/benefits:
- Prescription Drug Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Group Universal Life Program
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Sickness & Accident Insurance
- Long-Term Disability with Inflation coverage
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Child/Eldercare Spending Accounts
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Cancer Insurance
- Work-Life Balance Programs
Compensation and Savings Program
Below, are the compensation and savings program for the UPSers.
- Employee discounted stock purchase plan (UPSers Discounts)- UPS believes that long-term ownership of the company by UPSers is an important contributor to the future success of UPS. Sharing in the rewards and risks of ownership strengthens the commitment of the people working at UPS i.e. full-time and part-time, management and non-management, union and union-free, which is critical to their ability to empower global commerce. Employees at UPS can also purchase the stock through the Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Program and their 401(k) plan. As a part of retirement, UPS offers the UPSers 401K plan to its employees by UPS Teamster 401k Savings Plan. A 401k plan is an effective and convenient way to save money for the future. It allows employees to save and invest money over long-term for a safe and secure future. Using this 401(k) plan, UPSers can purchase the stock.
- Competitive salaries- UPS offers highly competitive hourly wages, exciting salaries, and total compensation plans to its employees. Right from its drivers to its IT professionals, UPS employees are recognized as best paid in the industry.
- Managers Incentive Plan (profit sharing)
- Benefits Information Disclaimer
The compensation and benefits information provided here on our site are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and you must remember that the availability of a product or service is subjected to change at any time. UPS holds the right to alter or delete the information provided in the above section whenever required by UPS’s business needs.
That’s all about the UPSers Benefits. If you have any doubts regarding this post you may ask us, through the comments. Keep visiting our site for more updates.
Thanks for visiting our site:)