United Parcel Service (UPS) is the world’s largest parcel/package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. The headquarters of UPSers is located in the United States. UPSers is also known as “Brown” since the trucks used by them and uniforms of their employees are in brown color. UPSers provides many services like shipping (domestic as well as international), tracking, printing, billing, etc. UPSers provides many benefits to their employees. So, many people would like to make their career in UPS. United Parcel Service commonly known as UPS, provides many job opportunities and many of them have questions regarding the job at UPS. For such people we are providing the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the UPS Careers and also answers to them as well. Let’s check out the UPSers Careers FAQ.
UPSers Careers – Frequently Asked Questions
Since there are many career opportunities at UPS people often get confused. There is nothing wrong with asking questions if you are confused or not clear about it. Here in this post, we came out with some Frequently Asked Questions regarding the UPS Careers along with the answers. These are the Most Frequently Asked Questions.
Below, we have discussed the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the UPSer Careers. Have a look at them, it may be helpful to you. We would be glad if this post is helpful to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At UPS, they believe that asking the questions makes the work better. Check the following FAQs which are asked by people who want to join UPSer.
- I don’t see the job or location I am interested in on UPSjobs.com. Can I still apply for it? The particular jobs available at a given location will change daily. So we suggest you that you must check the UPSjobs.com website often to see if a position or a job in which you are interested in has opened up or not. You will also be able to view if a particular location of your interest is actively recruiting the candidates or not and you can also check what kind of job opportunities are being offered at that particular location. If you face any problem you can dial 1-888-877-3808 for further assistance.
- I have inquired about a part-time job through UPSjobs.com. When will I hear back from UPS? First of all,thank you for your interest in working with UPS. But it is very important to keep in mind that UPS receives a high volume of interest in part-time jobs from various candidates. They will receive a huge number of applications for part-time opportunities and it is usual that not every candidate will be contacted. Although the recruiters at UPS routinely review the job inquiries submitted through UPSjobs.com, the appointment times are not always available immediately. But you must know that you will be contacted for an interview or a tour if there is an opening. Until then, please note that your application will remain active for at least 60 days from the date you submit it. In order to check the application which you have submitted is still active or not, you need to visit the “Application Center” at UPSjobs.com. To check it you will need a personal passcode which you have created at the time of your application. However, you are always welcomed by UPS to submit a new job inquiry.
- After I submitted an application for a part-time position, I was scheduled for an interview. Can I check the date and time of my interview and can I reschedule it? Yes, you may check the date and/or time of your interview/appointment through the UPSjobs.com. You need to visit the “Application Center” at UPSjobs.com with the personal passcode which you have created at the time of your application. And yes, you can also reschedule your interview/appointment at UPSjobs.com “Application Center” by using the personal passcode which you have created at the time of your application.
- I have a scheduled interview appointment and need directions to the interview site. Where can I find them? Yes, you can find the directions at UPSjobs.com. Directions will be available through the UPSjobs.com “Application Center” and you must use the personal passcode which you have created at the time of your application. Once you log in, you will be able to see the date, time of your interview appointment and also you will be able to view the location and directions for your interview site.
- What are UPSers Discounts – UPS Smart Savings & Employee Discounts? UPSers Discounts – UPsers can avail the discounts or offers to buy the products online. In order to access the discounts and offers of UPS, you need to be a registered user. After registering with the UPS, you will be given a User ID and Password to Login to your account. Before completing the registration, you should agree to all the terms and conditions. You should also be eligible for availing the discounts. Each employee will get the benefits based on his/her performance. UPSers can save the money through the available discounts and offers. As a part of benefits, UPSers will get the discount on shipping services.
- What if I can’t meet the requirements of the job because of my religious beliefs? UPS will include all the required information about the minimum qualifications for the job at UPSjobs.com. For many of the jobs at UPS, you will also notice a reference to the UPS appearance guidelines and a company-provided uniform in the UPS Job Postings. UPS believes that the uniform and appearance guidelines are critical elements of the UPS brand that set the employees apart from the competition. However, UPS has established a Religious Accommodation process to ensure prompt and regular handling of requests for religious accommodation. Applicants and employees may request an exception, or a reasonable accommodation of, any condition of employment including the UPS uniform and appearance guidelines because of a sincerely held religious belief or practice. If you feel that you are unable to meet the requirements of the job position which has been offered by UPS due to a sincerely held religious belief you need to inform the interviewer about it and ask him/her to complete UPS’s Religious Accommodation Request Form as soon as possible.
- Does UPS use contingent/temporary labor? Yes, UPSuse contingent labor as they feel it is an important part of ensuring that UPS has the best talent at the right time and for the right price. The UPS provides a centralized approach i.e. Global Contingent Staffing Program (GCSP) for all hiring managers who need contingent/temporary staffing. UPS acknowledges that the use of contingent/temporary workers can be efficient and economical for managing the business. If you are interested in pursuing a contingent/temporary assignment with UPS, you can check the following list of suppliers/staffing agencies that provide these recruiting services for UPS. The pre-screening of candidates is generally conducted through a phone and/or email. In order to submit a candidate to UPS for consideration for a contingent position, suppliers that work in the GCSP will need the various candidate information.
- What is Upsers 401K Plan? Upsers 401k plan is an effective and convenient way to save money for the future. It allows employees to save and invest money over long-term for a safe and secure future. According to the plan, a percentage of your earnings will be set aside every month during your pay period. After retiring you can request the amount that you have saved or invested to date.
Useful links regarding UPSJobs Update on Facebook, Twitter and Portal Application Center:
- UPSjobs.com “Application Center”
- Follow UPSjobs on Twitter for the latest UPS news and employment opportunities
- Follow UPSjobs on Facebook for the latest UPS news and employment opportunities
- Accountants International (Randstad Finance & Accounting)
- 22nd Century Staffing
- ACS Group (American CyberSystems, Inc.)
- Adecco USA
- Advent Global Solutions
- Aten Solutions (A-10 Clinical Solutions)
- Avacend(formerly Avion Systems, Inc.)
- Employment Plus
- CorTech LLC
- Express Employment Professionals
- Global Employment Solutions
- GDKN Corporation
- inSync Staffing (formerly Workway)
- Industrial Staffing Services
- LanceSoft Inc.
- Northwest Staffing
- Olsa Resources
- OmniGroup North America
- Onward Search
- PDS Tech
- Pinnacle Technology
- Purcell Staffing
- Pyramid Consulting
- Randstad (formerly Spherion)
- Quality Staffing of America
- Revolution Technologies
- Select Temp Staffing
- Staff Right
- Staffing Logistic(formerly One Source Staffing)
- The Job Store
- TrainingPros Solutions, LLC
- Yoh Services LLC
- Warphire (Nova Management)